Recently I tried cryotherapy with @londoncryo. I used to do it quite often in 2019 (in another place), before the pandemic hit us... Was super excited to try it again finally!
Benefits of cold exposure:
- ️Reduces muscle sourness and inflammation - I think that's why a lot of professional athletes doing cryo after workouts
- ️Boosts endorphins - after just a couple of minutes you feel reeeally good, super happy and pumped up!
- ️Makes immune system stronger
- ️Skin is better if doing it regularly
- ️List goes on, just google it...
In reality cryo doesn't feel as cold as it looks like - I find it much easier than cold showers. This is because water has a better thermal conductivity than air, so you don't feel so cold with air insulation.
If you're looking just for the benefits of cold exposure, I think an ice bath is even better choice:
- ️More affordable - you can order ice cubes from Deliveroo/Uber Eats or prepare them in your fridge
- ️You can do it at home
- ️Much colder!
In the meantime check out:
- @iceman_hof - real ice man, about the benefits of cold exposure and how to do it right
- @hubermanlab - he has a lot of super interesting insights regarding how cold affects us
- @davidsinclairphd - explains how cold exposure triggers some of the longevity pathways (as long as fasting and exercise)